We love hearing how this work effects people. Below are some of the comments we’ve received about our contributors.
- hello, reb itzik i just watched your yiddish interview on yiddishlives and enjoyed it very much. who knew an orthodox jew studying yiddish in brooklyn could learn so much from a reconstructionist gay rabbi in california! i guess its a small world… zei matzliach!
- dis language is cool!
- LONG LIVE YIDDISH AND THE LOWER EAST SIDE JEWS!!
- I love this music .It reminds me my parents.Thank you
- Thank you very much!!! My daughter is 4, she loves this song and she is very good at singing it (belive it or not). My parents speak yiddish (I can’t unfortunately). I knew approximately what this song is about, but you did such a good job translating every word.
- A dank Eric. Dos is oysergeventlech!!!!!!!
- Good video, beautiful songs. I like the Yiddish. Thanks for the great work!
- you did great with Irwin Keller. It’s a pleasure to listen to. And the Kinsey Sicks…what a talented bunch of nuts (you should pardon the expression).
- Dear Eric-I wanted to thank you for creating a living legacy for me and my children to enjoy! It was such a thrill to watch my mom, Rita, doing what she loves most-singing! To top it all, she also loves speaking Yiddish, and sharing its uniquely rich flavor with others. I thoroughly enjoyed the videos-you really captured these women and their true spirits. Thank you again
- I really appreciate all the time you took and was very impressed with what you and your lovely partner are doing for yiddish….Yasher Koach…keep up the good work..Zeit Gezunt un shtark and please keep in touch….
- Happy New Year. Be well and enjoy life. And, thank you so very much for completing the interview and sending it to me. I think you did a marvelous job. Now I’m trying to spread it around to my friends and family.I noticed that I didn’t try to emulate at the literary Yiddish but, spoke in the Yiddish I grew up. (Congress Poland-Yiddish). Again, wish you success in your work.
- I wanted to send you a giant Thanks for the lovely interview you conducted here in my home so many months ago. I have sent the video to my brothers and my kids and they love it and are proud of their old man. You are doing a great thing with these interviews, a real mitzvah, and I appreciate that very much.
- It was fun to hear your spirited, beautiful music. We loved having you sing for us in person at Bet Aviv, and we look forward to your music on a return visit.
- Very nice!!! I enjoyed listening to your songs.
- Hey ladies!! You make my heart glow with your smiles and your music! Thank you for all you do to pass on the gift of Yiddish and Yiddish music particularly! Good luck to you in all your endeavors!
- Di eshte zakh vos ikh hob gezen haynt in der fri….
Vos far an iberashung ! host mir gegebn a shmeykhl far a gantzn tog.
host mir , vi azoy men zogt, “gemakht mayn tog” es isz geven azoy gut dikh tzu zen.
du bist eyne fun undzere faynere yidishe ambasadorn….
A groyn arumnem, Haya
- Thanks for filming this lecture. It gave me the chance to hear the one that I didn’t choose that afternoon. Great job!!
- Tiere Fraindine, Kol Hakavod. Ich hob treiren herendick dein historia. Mit liebe, Ada
- si’z mir zeier aingenumen tsu hern aza aheinem un prejtikn mamelushn
- S’gefelt mir zeier dain sheinem idish, ij hob oijet gelernt in der zelber idishe shule azoi vi du.
- Eric, this is a gem. The ability to memorialize the conversations for posterity is a great mitsve. We look forward to seeing you at the conference where you will have the opportunity to tape key people in the greater Yiddish community.
- A hartzign dank far ayer geshikhte un poesie. Sei gizund un shtark.
- As a performer who specializes in the Yiddish language, S’iz a mekhaye aykh tzu gefinen….
Yasher Koyekh un groys hatzlokhe!!!
- What a great story….I am amazed at the dedication and drive Lori has. She truly is devoted to her amazing talents. Loved it , and proud to know her. I have learned so much and I thank you for this interview…would love to see more about Lori.
- I GOT A LOT OF NACHES LISTENING TO YOUR PROGRAM.
- There are many Yiddish sites online. All have their value. This is unique and is a great service to the Yiddish community. Congratulations! It will be linked on Der Bay’s website.
- I love you mom! You are an inspiration and role model. I admire your strength and zest for life. I am so proud to have you as my mom and so happy for my children that they have you as their grandma.
- It was a real mitzvah to find this website and all the fabulous music. My father used to sing Yiddish songs to me when I was growing up and, although I don’t speak Yiddish (but understand a very little), it was heartwarming to listen to the music. I sent the site along to my elderly mother who just loved it, too.
- Your energy lights up the room! You all are wonderful!
We’d love to know your thoughts. Click here to let us know what you think.